The sizing and overall dimensions of the P2012 has been achieved through the use of classical fine methodologies and approach.
The design of the aircraft has been accomplished starting from the following design specifications:
- a) Ease of cabin access and cabin comfort;
- b) Spacious luggage compartments (nose and tail located);
- c) Reduced take-off run and take-off from non prepared runways capability;
- d) Max cruise speed of about 190 kts at flight altitude of 10.000ft ktas;
- e) Range exceeding 950 nm;
The high-wing configuration ensures easy cabin access, high internal volumes and a low ground clearance. The result in terms of seating arrangement, seat-pitch and access doors opening are detailed in the following drawings.
Easy cabin access and high level of cabin comfort, together with the wide access doors lead to an internal design that enables many other operations including cargo2, ambulance, VIP, parachute SMP, which will further ensure the commercial success of the aircraft through easy re-configuration for many different possible applications.
2 Standard commercial airline aircraft seat rails will allow the use of commercial cargo fittings for belts and straps.